Friday, April 24, 2009

My Space Themed Mosaic

"Blast Off" 12 x 12



Blast off baby! This is a piece I did in a tempered glass workshop last weekend. I still need to work on framing and deal with some jagged edges, but it is almost done. I used vintage space stamps, and threw on a lot of glitter, the rocket was found in an old 1950's astronomy book for kids. The book was a lot of fun and talked about "when" we go to the moon some day. I put a lot of gold flake around the fire part and ended up painting over the rocket & glitter a bit for definition. I am not 100% thrilled with my composition ( too heavy on the right) , but that is ok since I have a better plan in mind for my 2nd space themed mosaic. Special thanks to my teacher Katrina for her help and continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment