Monday, January 4, 2010

Mosaic Monday/ Above my Mantle


Top Right " Love is Old Love is New" by Katrina Doran
This is a mosaic piece by my teacher. I bought it for Dan as an anniversary gift.


So what's above your mantle? 

Reading from left to right on the wall: Original print by Paul Klee, Antique Japanese woodblock print by Hirosada, Mosaic by Katrina Doran, Turtle God by Jeff Soto.
On the Mantle itself:  Unfinished Beetle mosaic by me, Rebecca Collins, Day of the Dead Scottie by me, Vintage wooden Scottie, Buddah, another vintage metal Scottie and a ceramic bowl by Linda Gossett.

This Christmas I bought a bit of art by other artists and so did my husband.   How will you support other artists in 2010?  Purchasing art seems to be the most direct method and yet there are many other ways to support your favorite artists.  I ask the question because I am still trying to answer it for myself. I know I want to get inside some artist studios and do some video interviews that I will post on the web. Interviewing local people and promoting them with video seems like a fun idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment