Monday, January 19, 2009

Kitty in a Basket

Ok one more layout option on the PetSmart Charities project. On the last samples I was counting on the toys to create a story and unify the pup & kitty. In this sample the repetition of round objects ( the basket, balls and dog tag) are unifying the layout and allowing your eye to happily bounce throughout the composition.

My husband is an artist and this weekend I asked him for help in figuring out the best composition. He asked me if I had thought about using the kitty basket from the original photo. I had thought about it but not enough to sketch it out. When I did revisit the idea I found that the basket gave the kitty some weight & importance. Suddenly Desmond the kitty had more of an equal share in the compositional real estate to her pal Maggie. I like this new solution a lot, and the lesson learned is that when dealing with tough design challenges, try it all and get second opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment